Ex-Demo MC31 #3 now available for purchase. Save $30,000 on a new boat with the same options and sails!
The MC31 follows on from the outstanding success of the MC38 One Design, that is a High Performance, Grand Prix racer that is true to it’s design brief: fun, fast, and rewarding to sail. Outstanding hull form stability, with a deep draft carbon fin and a heavy bulb combined to provide a low centre of gravity and stability that is unmatched in this size range.
The MC31 will do the same, it will sail like a much larger yacht upwind in a breeze and light up down wind like a skiff, but be stable enough to stay up right and safe. The principal behind the MC38 & MC31 class rules is to provide owners with the thrill of grand prix racing at an affordable price with the guarantee that all owners drive their own boats.
The MC31 features an unprecedented performance driven hull form, and carefully considered systems and deck layout, that enhances the sailing experience, making it ideal for one design and club racing with offshore capabilities.
It is simple and straight forward with nothing that is not required to make it go fast, yet no expense spared on materials and quality of construction. The systems are carefully considered and thought through, with the ability to get the maximum performance out of the boat without it being over complicated or requiring a full complement of professional crew.
It has plenty of sail area, which is offset by plenty of stiffness and power, designed to go upwind solidly like a much larger boat and yet perform downwind like a high performance dinghy.
Exceeding the requirements of the regulations has meant that the MC31, is stiffer and stronger than required by the rules, making it a safe and more than capable offshore platform with specific consideration given to local rules which are often not considered on imported yachts.
Careful consideration was put into the MC38 and MC31 Rule, many respected One Design sailors were consulted during the development process, analysing other One Design classes the Class Rules embraced what was successful in the past and eliminated the fundamental flaws.
From conception, the driving force of the MC38 and now the MC31 class have always been the following objectives:
- Value: TP52 performance and excitement with small boat campaign costs, now available to everyone.
- Simplicity: eliminating complexity in class rules, boat design and boat handling and excessive crew numbers.
- Fun: exhilaration but not exhaustion, maximizing time on the water racing. Minimizing time in transport, set up, maintenance, eliminating the need for rating optimizing.
- No arms race: control all aspects of the boat design and class rule to ensure a level playing field for all owners regardless of available budget.
- Owner driven: Owners drive the MC31 class, not only helming their own boats, but every aspect of the class. Owners have driven the brief of the boat from day one, the specifics of the class rules, and the racing on the water.
LOA 9.15 m/30.00 ft
Beam 3.05 m/10.01 ft
Draft 2.60 m/8.53 ft
Spinnaker Area 122 m
Main Area 37.2 m
Jib Area 27.0 m
Base boat includes: e-glass hull, carbon keel, carbon rudder post, Southern Spars carbon hinged two piece mast with carbon spreaders & built in mast jack, carbon boom, carbon spreaders, carbon aero stanchions, carbon bow sprit, carbon foot bars for helm/main trim, white gel coat hull, grey non-skid gel coat deck/cockpit, 15hp twin cylinder Yanmar engine, B&G Hydra 5000 electronics with 2 x Graphic Displays on enclosed carbon mast bracket and carbon mast head wind sensor and reusable shipping cradle.
– Doyle Stratis black ICE (carbon/HM spectra) mainsail, J2 and J3 (used three times)
– Doyle carbon black laminate J1 (used twice)
– Doyle A2 and A3 kite (used three times)
– Adjustable mast base
– Carbon roller tubes on forward life lines
– Carbon rear foot chocks
– Cut out in front sliding hatch for kite sheets
– White & red strip light LED lights under deck
– Second tack line
– Second mast head halyard
– B&G V50 VHF radio
– Cat 7 safety equipment including inflatable life jackets
– Manson Racer lightweight anchor
– Padded life line covers
– Mooring lines
For more information and pricing, please call Rohan Veal on 0414 538 959.