The 44DS is a result of the combined skills of designers Philippe Briand who was responsible for the hull, and Franck Darnet who designed the interior and deck.
Sharing the same hull as the recent popular release, the Sun Odyssey 439, the 44DS retains the trademark enormous aft owner’s cabin of the range and the flood of natural light below. Paying particular attention to feedback from Australian customers, the interior of the new 44DS has no fewer than sixteen opening ports to give superb ventilation throughout.
The owner’s cabin is especially catered for with a large opening port out to the transom offering a wide view whilst at anchor. Breaking new ground in interior design the 44DS introduces an innovative galley and optional additional fridge or wine cooler positioned under the navigation table.
The striking design uses a new rich walnut timber finish with white lacquered cabinets and two-tone upholstery. No other yacht in its class offers this level of interior.
The cockpit of the Deck Saloon range also stands out. Long and spacious with dedicated areas for eating, relaxing, and sailing with a wide transom makes access to the water and the dock an ease.
All sheets are lead aft to the helm to make sail handling very simple for the shorthanded crew. With its unique side window and transom accents the Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 44 Deck Saloon is a striking looking yacht. It will prove to be the envy of all others.
• Sleek deck lines and spacious cockpit: flush hatches, twin helm design, long cockpit, innovative cockpit table, easy access transom.
• Modern hull and sail plan: a hard chine on the Philippe Briand designed hull, high-aspect ratio rig with 106% or self-tacking jib available, sheets lead back to the secondary winches
Stylish interior design by Franck Darnet & Olivier Flahault:
• Careful study of each detail ensures aesthetics, functionality, and most importantly, ergonomics: meridienne sofa, innovative galley, touch-latch hardware, etc…
• Rich materials: Alpi Teak wood, stainless steel, white-lacquered cabinets, light floorboards, leather upholstery, two-tone vinyl finish on ceiling panels, no other boat in its class offers this level of finish.
• Layout choices: Spacious 2 cabin version with vast aft cabin and comfortable forward guest cabin. Innovative 3 cabin design with double bunks and a v-berth forward.
Concept Deck Saloon:
• Light and ventilation throughout: huge side windows, 10 opening ports and hatches, for exceptional ventilation, vertical sliding hatch for companionway
• Raised saloon flooring allows for superb visibility while standing. Multiple hull ports provide views of the water when seated, spacious cockpit and aft owner’s cabin.
• Unique aft owner’s cabin: extra large double berth, opening port in transom, private head with separate shower, plenty of storage compartments, seats to each side of the berth
PORTRAIT OF FRANCK DARNET
“My life has always been guided by two passions: design and the sea.”
The art of space: We create bright, spacious interiors, inviting living areas for recreation and relaxation.
Interior volumes must be wide and open to maximize visual space. A few centimetres, the degree of a curve or a recessed joint can change the perception of interior volume.
Franck Darnet Design develops innovative design concepts for yachts, fi ne residences and other projects of note. To date, over 1,300 yachts measuring from 15 to 56 metres have been designed by Franck Darnet Design.
Contact us for a quotation including any factory or locally fitted options.
Note: The price offered is for a ‘base boat’ only, which includes the standard inventory as per Jeanneau specifications, duty, GST, shipping to a major Australian port, freight insurance, local transport, antifoul and commissioning. Prices may be subject to currency fluctuations and factory discounts and may change without notice.